Skip to main content

8 TECH SUPPORT STORIES. A MUST READ!


MOVE THE MOUSE!

I asked a user to move her mouse all the way to the right. They picked up the mouse physically and put it on the right side of her desk.

RIGHT CLICK!

I told the user to right click on the desktop to select properties. She replied that nothing was happening. I asked her again to do the same. She replied with the same answer. When I went to her desk, she had written the word CLICK on a paper on her desk.

LAPTOP NOT WORKING!

A user was once shouting at me that her laptop was not working even though she hit the keys and tried the touch pad. I run down to her, she shows her laptop still shouting that I wasn’t working properly and couldn’t do my job etc. I look at her laptop, switch it on, turn around and leave the room.

OUTAGE PROBLEM!

A user once asked if they could download “download the Internet” in case there was a power outage and they could still use it.

COMPUTER WON’T TURN ON!

Once, a user said that her computer won’t turn on. I asked her to check the CPU button, monitor button, the cords to make sure that they are secure and tight at the back of the computer and the power outlet. She said that she has and it still won’t turn on. I go to her room and saw that the computer chords were secure to the power strip, the power strip was not plugged into the wall.

DELETED THE INTERNET!

I asked one of the users that if she was sure that the internet connection seems to be the problem, as it was still working alright. She looked like she was offended. She screamed, “CAN’T YOU SEE SIR, THEY DELETED INTERNET FROM MY COMPUTER!!!”  Turned out her Internet Explorer was deleted and changed to Google Chrome. She had no idea what Chrome was.

MY PC IS SCREAMING AT ME!

One user called and said, “My PC is screaming at me.” It was found that the computer was actually beeping because the keyboard had several buttons held down.

 

This one is a little different.

It was my day off and I was at home. My phone suddenly rang. It was my mom.

Mom: Do you have a minute son? My internet seems to not work nor the computer and the table. I was thinking if you could come by over at dinner and have a look at it. I bought chicken, wine, cheese and I was making a…”

In the middle of her speaking I had already fixed it. I worked at the telcom and I had remote access to my tools, so when I saw that there was no IP address I reset the modem and the router. It was all done.

Me: Magic! It is done. You are online now.

Mom:  Huh? Oh you’re right. (Sounding low) Thank you. That was quick. I guess I won’t trouble you to come over then.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION

                             ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION: Robotic process automation (RPA), also known as software robotics, uses automation technology to simulate back-office functions performed by human employees, such as extracting data, filling out forms, moving files, etc. To integrate and carry out repetitive operations between enterprise and productivity applications, it mixes APIs and user interface (UI) interactions.   WORKING: RPA is not a physical robot but software running on physical and virtual machines. RPA is used when we have to handle repetitive tasks like sometimes, we fill in the same information at different places. It is operated by running a set of workflow tasks. It gives some instructions about what to do and how to do it at different stages of the workflow. Once the task is requested, the software runs and completes the whole task accordingly as many times as we want. If there is any incorrect data in bots, the software will send a request for correct

Unhackable Internet

  W hy it matters?   The internet is increasingly vulnerable to hacking; a quantum one would be unhackable. Quantum Computing    A quantum internet could be used to send unhackable messages, improve the accuracy of GPS, and enable cloud-based quantum computing. For more than twenty years, dreams of creating such a the quantum network have remained out of reach in large part because of the difficulty to send quantum signals across large distances without loss.   Now, Harvard and MIT researchers have found a way to correct for signal loss with a prototype quantum node that can catch, store and entangle bits of quantum information. The research is the missing link towards a practical quantum internet and a major step forward in the development of long-distance quantum networks.   The U.S Department of Energy (DoE) explains how a quantum link will make it happen through two quantum phenomenon: the first is quantum entanglement, where two-particle can become so inextricably li

Pegasus Spyware: Flying Through The Air

 Hundreds of millions of people can't imagine life without their smartphones. Almost every aspect of their daily lives, from the most mundane to the most intimate, is within easy reach and hearing distance of their smartphones. Only few people realize that their phones may be used as surveillance devices, with someone hundreds of miles away secretly extracting their messages, photographs, and location while also activating their microphone and recording them in real time. Such capabilities are present in Pegasus, a spyware produced by NSO Group, an Israeli maker of mass surveillance weapons. What is Pegasus? Pegasus is a hacking software – or spyware – that is developed, marketed and licensed to governments around the world by the Israeli company NSO Group. It has the capability to infect billions of phones using either iOS or Android operating systems. The spyware is named after Pegasus, the white winged horse from Greek mythology. It is named so because it "flies through the